Hollow area and agricultural loss

Hello everyone,

I’m finally (full-time) embarking on my new life as a professional drone remote pilot.

After having trained myself on different photo / video software and studying OpenDroneMap a little / a lot

I would like to share 2 orthophotos that I made this summer for a friend.

How do you “give your hand over my 2 orthophotos”?

I see in the first a large hollow area and in the other crop losses that I would like to quantify

Thank you

Laurent

Hey,

Can’t see anything!

Also, was this meant to be a forum post? You sent it as a private message for me.

You can upload the data to dronedb.app and share from there.

thank you :slight_smile:

all the photos of the 2 projects?

You could put the original data as well, yes. You can also upload the final orthophoto that OpenDroneMap generated.

Attached is the first orthophoto where we can clearly see the hollow areasCapture d’écran 2021-09-16 à 13.52.06

and the 2nd where we can clearly see a considerable loss of sunflower plants, I would like to quantify this loss, is it playable?Capture d’écran 2021-09-16 à 13.54.19

I do not see how to put the original, here a capture

thank you

Laurent

Did you upload your data to dronedb.app so you can make a forum post for us to help?

I am in the countryside and the fiber will arrive in 2022 …

there is a link at the bottom right of web odm

I give it a try

http://localhost:8000/public/task/1a1f4620-1009-4f25-8fdb-bd3da1cda8fb/map/

That is for local sharing within your own network. I won’t be able to access it :blush:

It’s been half an hour, I barely uploaded 10 photos out of 188!

If I upload all the resources in webodm, you won’t have anything on file if I send this to you?

1 Like

Nope! By design we can’t access any customer data in WebODM

So, I let download and we will see this evening for me … I would send the 2 ortho if I get there, it is not won

thank you

Laurent

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I did my best to download the data.

there are two files, one where we see the empty areas (if you see another choose, I am the taker) and the other (more “worrying”) where I would like to know how to quantify the losses because we can see the lack of sunflower plants in this land.

Obviously, I’m not selling that you do the job for me, but tell me how I could go about quantifying the whole.

thanks in advance

Laurent

https://testhub.dronedb.app/r/laurent/eues5edjcoi9bzz4

1 Like

Hello,

I had to reinstall the system (docker and webodm) because I had 2 email addresses (problem seen with Piero and solved) with 2 different accounts !!!

I lost my orthophotos in the meantime

Therefore, I will restart all the orthophotos and try Monday to work on the one where there is a big problem of “lack of plants”, therefore loss.

Thank you and have a good weekend everyone

Laurent

1 Like

Laurent,

I’m processing this now, but it might have slightly too little sidelap. You also should try to make your DJI take pictures on the turn-arounds as that can help stitch edges and the connections between the flightlines.

Hello Saijin,

I would see the tutorials again to do better next time!

I must say that I took 50 meters, a little too high, is not it?

I learn, so I take all the advice

Thanks for the help, but I don’t want work done by you, I want tips for learning.

Laurent

1 Like

50m should be just fine, provided you keep sidelap and overlap high enough.

Worked nicely!

Options: cog: true, crop: 0, debug: true, dem-gapfill-steps: 4, dem-resolution: 1, dsm: true, matcher-neighbors: 16, mesh-size: 300000, min-num-features: 16000, orthophoto-resolution: 1, pc-ept: true, pc-geometric: true, pc-quality: high, use-3dmesh: true, verbose: true

1 Like