Holes in 3D model (Cute Gretchen)

I am having trouble with the following Cute Grechen set of images. I have used a standard “ultra” quality on the processing. But it leaves a lot of holes in the final image. How can I remove it.
The images were taken with a OnePlus camera
Running WebODM on a 8vCPU + 64GB RAM

auto-boundary: true, dsm: true, feature-quality: ultra, matcher-neighbors: 10, mesh-octree-depth: 13, mesh-size: 350000, min-num-features: 12000, orthophoto-resolution: 0.05, pc-classify: true, pc-filter: 0, pc-geometric: true, pc-quality: ultra, resize-to: -1, use-3dmesh: true, rerun-from: odm_orthophoto

Link to video

2 Likes

Can you download that model and view it in meshlab or blender? I wonder if it’s not a problem with the browser texturing all the faces… .

3 Likes

--pc-geometric true can sometimes cause a less complete point-cloud since it tries to constrain things a bit. That might also help.

3 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion. But I am new to this field. Let me check how I can import ODM assets to blender. Can you suggest some tutorials to get started?

1 Like

Thanks. I am trying this now.

1 Like

You can export a WaveForm OBJ direct from WebODM, which you can load into Blender using their Import functionality without any plugins or additional software. You might have to tick the box for 90deg rotation on import, however.

1 Like

Figuring out how to use blender, so took a screenshot. The holes are still there -
I’ll try rebuilding the model by disabling pc-geometric

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.