I just want to share my first experience with WebODM.
I’ve a spark and wanted to map a piece of land …
I’ve found OpenDroneMap on the net and thought it could help.
First I did not succeed in executing the flight plan (aero ranger) for geofence issue (there is no restricted area nearby …). So I did fly manually to cover the area (2 datasets 50m and 70m).
Back to home, WebODM digested the data but the results were partial (missing parts) and when I tried GCP the altitudes were wrong.
Then I bought the Piero’s guide and found explanation about the different parameters. Great pieces of information ! However I’m a bit confused about what I had to do to get the full coverage: min-num-features: 1000 (instead of 8000) & matcher-neighbors: 0 (instead of 8). Reading the log it seemed to me that both were eliminating too much images at default value.
I’m already happy with what I get:
(I wanted to attach the log file but txt files are not allowed)
Of course there is plenty of room for improvement and your comments are welcome.
One point I would like to solve is the usage of gcp to make the map fit better on google map (if that makes sense) without losing the tilt.
Thanks for this great piece of software !