Greetings; point me in the right direction?

Hello all. We are a ground penetrating radar service provider. One of our services is to create 3D models of subsurface conditions for various applications. We’ve been using a drone for some time to visually document our work and improve our deliverables, but we’re [always] trying to improve. It looks like there’s a considerable amount we could gain from ODM, but there’s one very specific challenge we’re trying to solve initially. Unfortunately I don’t have a huge amount of time to familiarize myself with the documentation and forum structure enough to even know where to start digging. If you’d be kind enough to point me in the right direction, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Immediate objective, either:

• determine the coordinates of the four corners of a drone photo (with vertical-down camera orientation) based on XIF data, for manual import into our GPR post-processing software
  • create a KML which natively contains these coordinates, for import into the GPR post-processing software

Currently we can either use low-res satellite imagery via KML import, or force a high-res drone image into “good enough” position by guess-check-revise on the GPS coordinates.

I feel if you don’t think you have the time to put into learning ODM, you probably should just use dronedeploy or mapsmadeeasy… Those, with ground control points, should get you what you need.

Please can sombody tell me where to learn the basics of WebODM ? i am a beginner and would like to learn the software in order to have detailed maps of my orchards.

Hey @paulmiros :hand: check https://opendronemap.org/docs/ for learning resources. (Also open a new topic if you have future questions, don’t reply on an existing one).