GCP Editor Pro incomplete set of CRS?

Surveyor has supplied GCP’s in GDA 2020 zone 55 which is ESPG:7855, however GCP Editor Pro will only accept up to ESPG:7852. Do I have to get the surveyor to to give me the GCPs in WGS 84?



Try using the corresponding PROJ definition instead of EPSG:

+proj=utm +zone=52 +south +ellps=GRS80 +towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0 +units=m +no_defs +type=crs

Thanks I’ll give that a whirl!


Yep Win, I’ve also made some changes to my settings in WebODM its running a complete set of 855 files 854 images and 1 GCP. The first time I ran these it took 37hrs, looking like it will be a bit quicker this time…I’ll post settings when its done.

[ERROR] Uh oh! Processing stopped because of strange values in the reconstruction. This is often a sign that the input data has some issues or the software cannot deal with it. Have you followed best practices for data acquisition? See Flying Tips — OpenDroneMap 3.1.5 documentation

===== Dumping Info for Geeks (developers need this to fix bugs) =====
Child returned 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “O:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\stages\odm_app.py”, line 81, in execute
File “O:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\opendm\types.py”, line 398, in run
File “O:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\opendm\types.py”, line 398, in run
File “O:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\opendm\types.py”, line 398, in run
[Previous line repeated 2 more times]
File “O:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\opendm\types.py”, line 377, in run
self.process(self.args, outputs)
File “O:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\stages\odm_meshing.py”, line 25, in process
File “O:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\opendm\mesh.py”, line 199, in screened_poisson_reconstruction
system.run('“{reconstructmesh}” -i “{infile}” ’
File “O:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\opendm\system.py”, line 110, in run
raise SubprocessException(“Child returned {}”.format(retcode), retcode)
opendm.system.SubprocessException: Child returned 1

Have you tried Split? Like split=250 and split-overlap=30.

I have to do that with large datasets

A lot of learning going on here…
The M3E just spams the shutter so that in turns you get a lot of images that dont really (in my eyes) add to area, nor help with the job. I cut those images out of the dataset and then applied a boundry Json to filter out some of the trees on the edge of the map.
To answer your question APOS80 no i havn’t but i will try that next run. I’ll try 250-30.
Perhaps (against my better judgement of trying too many changes at once) I’ll include all the images back in and keep the Boundry Json.

How much ram did you have?

I split at 250 with 20mp images, got 64gb ram.

1 Like

64gig installed, 60757MB swapfile in Windows
.wslconfig is










I9 10940X (14 cores)

1 Like

I read somewhere that its best to have the swapfile 3 times your ram…I should bump that up that.

Mine is at auto I believe, haven’t changed it.

Hmm Ok Thanks

Yes, with modern hardware like NVMe ssd’s (gen 4+ drive and interface), it’s cheaper to add than actual ram and only slightly slower. You can basically make it any size. I’d bump it to 256G or larger, especially if you plan on using larger datasets in the future, which is likely. It really sucks to have it process for 4 days straight and then stop and have to start over.

1 Like

Yep thinking its gonna help with some of the pain to get the 256. It’s interesting that I paid as much for the 64 gig thats being used now as the 256 will cost! I think I bought the 64 at the worst time.
I’m also thinking of setting up another array of 3 Sata SSD’s for WebODM to run on maybe on a PCIe raid card so I can keep my chipset raid going for other non mapping jobs. One thing I am thinkful for is the 48 lanes from the CPU on SkylakeX cpu, more than twice the lanes that the 690 790 chipset of todays Mobos have from Intel.