Firewall issue

I received a message each time I launch WebODM on my computer and can’t get WebODM to run. The message says: Exit code: If have a firewall, make sure WebODM is allowed, then restart application. I added WebODM to Norton Security. I have attached the logs in the google link below.

Please provide as much detail as you can to resolve this. Thanking you in advance

1 Like

Welcome!

Are you able to change the permissions on that share so that it doesn’t require a Google Account login to request access to the file?

Did you receive the log files?

1 Like

No, they’re still locked behind a permission/request wall. Are you able to change the permissions on those files so that they can be accessed without requiring a Google account?

Ok you have complete access to the Google drive folder! Please let me know.

1 Like

This log entry looks interesting:

"python:     raise pytz.UnknownTimeZoneError('Can not find timezone ' + tzkeyname)\r\npytz.exceptions.UnknownTimeZoneError: 'Can not find timezone Pacific Standard Time (Mexico)'\r\n"

Can you please screenshot me your Date & Time settings page in Windows’ settings?

Ok I uploaded the screen shot to the same google drive

1 Like

Awesome. Are you able to change it to another timezone, confirm, change it back to your actual timezone, confirm, and then enable set timezone automatically?

Afterwards, please try running WebODM again.

Saijin:

Thank you, that resolved the issue. When I purchased the install, I was in the Eastern Time Zone. I am in the pacific time zone now and the computer changed to the pacific time zone automatically. Had no idea that could be an issue. I hope this helps someone else in the future!

Thank you so much for the support!

Bill

1 Like

We’ve seen it before with your specific timezone being missing from the timezone database, but we fixed that with upstream last year… I was surprised to see this bite us again but differently, haha.

Happy processing!

If you feel up to it, we love to see what folks are working on! #the-showroom is a great place for that, if you’d like :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.