Find projection of every pixel in drone image / Find overlaping image parts

Source and realted question and answer: gps - Georeference single drone image from EXIF data - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange

Hi,

I am planning to find the overlapping regions of two consecutive drone images (front-view / side view only). Can I do it using ODM?

I solution that I was thinking of (referenced above) is to georeference image corners and then get the overlapping area of image based on ratios.

1 Like

Sounds like an interesting project!

You may find some help in DroneDB’s source as it can project georeferenced images directly onto a map and mosaic them on the fly:

1 Like

Thankyou, checking it out.

1 Like

Just checked out their early realease (alpha version). It is only plotting GPS info of drone image on predefined satellite map.

Can help me with exact source code where I can find the method to georef every pixel in the project?

Even in their full demo I couldn’t find any Hub

This can be considered as part of ODM stages pipeline. Input will be single image and we have to generate only the ortho image. But the pipeline stops with

File "/code/opendm/osfm.py", line 34, in run
system.run('"%s" %s "%s"' %
File "/code/opendm/system.py", line 106, in run
raise SubprocessException("Child returned {}".format(retcode), retcode)
opendm.system.SubprocessException: Child returned 1

If you click on a photo, it should plot it:

Unfortunately, I don’t know where exactly in the source code this all is.

Interesting, I couldn’t plot the image using the application. Notheless solved the problem using cameratransform library

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.