Feature request: dense cloud export

Sometimes the algorythm filters the point cloud too much thus resulting in loss of detail.
Example:

As described by smarthermather, there is a “hack” to get to the dense cloud without the densify process:

With this “hack” , the quality of the exported cloud would be very close or possibly even surpass pix4d therefore it might be interesting to implement it.

Request: add the option for the user to access the dense cloud before the filtering takes place.

2 Likes
  • Yes, I want the dense cloud. User-Story in comments…
  • No, I don’t want the dense cloud. User-Story in comments…
  • Just like clicking buttons to be honest 🤷

0 voters

1 Like

I agree that having a “raw” product has both academic and practical value, and an easy method to get at it might lower the barrier to folks learning and experimenting using WebODM as part of their toolkit.

Yes from me!

3 Likes

voted yes for obvious reasons, I would like to boost the detail levels

3 Likes

Lol. Those button clickers. 20% of you…

Steps like filtering are usually optimized for downstream products: meshes, DEMs, orthophotos. Sometimes you want the whole point cloud in all its glory, so you can do your own durn filtering. +1 to the moon.

3 Likes

Gotta honeypot 'em :man_shrugging:

Alright, looks like this one is a big “yes” from folks for varied but related reasons!

4 Likes

You mean before the filtering you can’t control?

4 Likes

PR is merged, once docker images are updated try running with --pc-filter 0. :+1:

4 Likes

yay, I got my pillars :slight_smile:
Appreciated the work!
grafik

5 Likes

I found the unfiltered pc in WebODM’s working directory. It’s very dense!

3 Likes