Error by UPLOADING

Good morning,
several times I find myself uploading 300 or 400 images, and a few minutes from the end, I get an error in the web interface (and/or in the connection) and I have no other choise as to start over. It’s really annoying, it happened 5 or 6 times this month.
Is there a better way to handle the upload and save partially successfully uploaded dataset without the need the restart again from scratch?

daniele

1 Like

Are you uploading to WebODM Lightning? If so, then no, we don’t currently support resumed uploads. I’m not sure of the if and how that could look given that one of Lightning’s core tenets is to not keep the user’s data except for the minimum amount of time needed to accomplish processing.

I guess my connection is unstable for large files.
Is it different if I use the command line client (Command Line Client | WebODM) or is there a desktop application for macosx connecting to the webinterface ?

1 Like

https://opendronemap.org/webodm/download/

We do have the Easy-Install for MacOS which currently uses Docker. It processes locally by default, but can be linked into Lightning as well.

Is upgrading your internet connection an option?

Does the docker it help to resume partial download ?
I see it needs 20 GB free disk space, witch is for my laptop a sort of limit. This said if it support resuming uploads (downloads are usually already straghtforwards) I may consider this.

Since I live in a country area upgrading my internet connection is not an option. To solve the problem in a short term a need to travel 20 minutes to a place where I get a best connection.
But just for webodm. For other services, i.e. wetransfer, it works fine also from here.
The command line interface (if mor STABLE) would be as well an option since I use and download from many repositories, for gis or other opensource softwares.

Not really, no. Docker is just a containerization technology that aided us in allowing WebODM to run on platforms other than Ubuntu Linux easier. The recommended version for Windows is now the native client.

The commandline also does not do resuming of transfers, since again, the service it connects to (Lightning) does not hold onto userdata for any longer than absolutely necessary by design.

If you process locally, the network connection isn’t a concern, but you’ll need a powerful computer.

that’s not an option for me. For this reason I did subscribe to webodm. I’ve tried this:

1. command line interface, is much ore stable, but not enough.
    Is it possible to set the number of max retries ?

the use of pix4Dcloud interface. It works, so I guess it is possible with my ointrnet connection.

Here is output of command line:

Files Uploaded: 262 / 345 [#########################################################################_______________________] 75.94% 07m26sCannot upload /Volumes/ExtremeSSD/rilievi drone/altri_rilievi/camilla maria calamosca/DJI_0269.JPG, exceeded max retries (

Is it possible to set the number of max retries ?

daniele

Hmm, good question.

I’m not sure if we can set how many retries it will allow, nor how long it waits before it considers the connection timed-out.