DroneDB progress updates

I’m opening a thread to report progress on DroneDB (related: New Project - DroneDB (request for thoughts) )

This might give advanced users who are comfortable building from source code a chance to try the software as it gets built.

Have feedback? Comments? Suggestions? Let me know.

GitHub page (with build instructions): https://github.com/uav4geo/DroneDB/

Sign-up for the beta at https://uav4geo.com/software/dronedb

3 Likes
  • Ability to geoproject images to a map (visualize images on the map). Currently works only with DJI drones and Sensefly eBee (?).

ddb geoproj out.tif DJI_0018.JPG --size 10%

“Project DJI_0018.JPG (scaled to 10% of original resolution) to a georeferenced raster”

• Ability to scan image information without creating an index

ddb info *.JPG --format geojson > points.json

Gather information about all images in current directory and plot their GPS location in GeoJSON format (also available formats: json and text).

3 Likes

Do you need testing of sensefly ebee? Is that wy the question mark?

No, more like I’m unsure of the claim that it supports (all) DJI drones, since I’ve done testing with a subset of DJI cameras, as well as senseFly, I’ve only tested on a single dataset. Footprint estimation is not a priority anyway, I just wanted to see if I could do it.

3 Likes

Got it.

According to docs one of the requirements is gcc-8
Should this means that this project can’t be run on Ubuntu 16.04.
I cant find a way to install it.
Any hint?

You should be able to use gcc-7 as well (I think), so long as C++17 is supported.

An alternative could also be to build it within a docker environment using Ubuntu 18.04.

2 Likes

Wow… Image projection would make a fantastic workflow for tagging gcps in WebODM! I’ve never seen that done before.

2 Likes

NodeJS native bindings for devs:

Thumbnails support:

# ddb thumbs output/ *.* --size 128
out/DJI_0018.jpg
out/DJI_0019.jpg
out/dsm.jpg
out/my.jpg
out/ortho_big.jpg
out/ortho.jpg

3 Likes