Docker Missing on Mac Install

Hi All,

New to WebODM but took the plunge after hearing one of the developers on a podcast. I have used dronedeploy, QGIS, Blender and other 3D apps but I like what WebODM can do. Anyway, I am having issues installing it on a 2017 Macbook Pro with 8GB RAM, 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 and 24GB of free memory. My OS is 11.5.

I have downloaded the WebODM Manager and followed the instructions contained in the accompanying PDF. The install progress gets to about 15% then generates the following message

Could not copy docker application. Please open Finder, select the Docker volume on the left panel and drag & drop the Docker app to your Applications folder. Then start Docker manually and restart WebODM Manager.

The install stops at that point. I dont see “Docker” in the upzipped WebODM folder.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Mm, strange! Wonder if something broke with recent macOS updates.

A workaround could be to manually install docker from Install Docker Desktop on Mac | Docker Documentation (just download the dmg image and drag & drop docker in your Applications folder), then re-run the WebODM app.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.