Docker Issue - Ubuntu 20.04

Hello, I have got the same issue that Romi-Arg (WebODM keeps processing and the green bar never end) and with the same drone (DJI Phantom 4 Pro) but processing the set of images locally (node-odm-1).

Details:

WebODM on a local computer (CPU: Intel Core i7, 320 GB storage SSD disk and 32 GB of RAM) installed form the command line.
WebODM version: 1.5.0
Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04

After running $ ./webodm.sh update, the following message appear:

ERROR: Couldn’t connect to Docker daemon at http+docker://localhost - is it running?

More information: I have ran three different projects with different options tasks. The first dataset works well (with an orthophoto-resolution = 2 cm/px) but the other two datasets (orthophoto-resolution = 0.19 cm/px) gets stucked!

Can you please help me?

1 Like

Welcome!

Have you made sure that your docker daemon is set to run at startup?

sudo systemctl enable docker

Further, have you added your user to the docker group?

sudo usermod -aG docker $USER

1 Like

It’s also possible that docker got masked, in which case:
systemctl unmask docker.service

1 Like

Hello Guys, thanks for your soon answer. I have tried both, enable and unmask docker, but after doing ./webodm.sh update the error continue.

1 Like

Hi again,

I just ran: $ docker run hello-word an the following message appear:

Unable to find image ‘hello-word:latest’ locally
docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for hello-word, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’: denied: requested access to the resource is denied.
See ‘docker run --help’

I appreciate your help.
Jose

Interesting. It sounds like your docker doesn’t have internet access, or possibly your Ubuntu install is having network connectivity issues.

Can you ping www.docker.io from your terminal and see what happens?

Nothing happens! Said order not found

Captura de pantalla de 2020-11-20 13-44-43

After restart, look it is working:

Captura de pantalla de 2020-11-20 13-48-23

2 Likes