Because the entire mesh is too large and the number of images is 300, resulting in insufficient memory crash when “texrecon” calculates the texture map for “odm_25dmesh.ply”. Then I divided the “odm_25dmesh.ply” into several tiles. Like tihs:
Is there any possibility of improvement in the program “odm_orthophoto”? Can anyone give some good advice? Does anyone have a better way?
In addition, do anyone compute orthophoto for each dsm tile and then merge orthophoto tiles? Does anyone have a better way?
Hello! The whole dataset is 300 images. I used the default parameters. My computer memory is only 8G. More importantly, I try to calculate larger orthophoto in limited memory. Because I found that pix4d can compute orthophoto for each dsm tiles and merge orthophoto tiles in limited memory, so I made some attempts in ODM.
If you don’t have the budget for more RAM or one of the ODM processing services like webodm.net or survey.aero, I’d recommend creating a very large swap file and hope for the best. It’s going to be painfully slow, but you should get a result.
You don’t have enough RAM to process the dataset. You can create extra RAM by using swap space, which treats a portion of your hard drive as RAM, which essentially increases the RAM available to you. Creating or extending a swap file is different for each operating system, so I’d recommend Googling "create swap space " where is your operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, OSX, etc).