Data processing times

Hi, everyone I am a new WEB ODM user, I showed up a few days ago in the hangar. It has been a few days ago that I started experimenting and making some comparisons with Metashape from which I come. One of the first questions I want to ask is whether it is possible somehow to know before starting the data processing, how long it will take for the whole process. Currently I see that I launch the processing and I can not know what time to expect. I ask this because Metashpe calculates it first and one can know in advance if it will take 2 or 12 hours. Thank you

2 Likes

Welcome, Marco!

No, at the moment we don’t have a concept of task completion estimation.

How accurate have you found MetaShape’s estimation to be?

1 Like

Hi Saijin, tank you. Actually I have to say that the Metashape time estimate is not very accurate, but it is useful because it can give an idea of ​​the order of time it will take and one can organize accordingly. Knowing at the outset that it will take a few hours or a few tens of hours certainly makes the difference in the economy of work

1 Like

If you know how to use Git/GitHub, please consider adding your bench marking data to this repository so that we may have something up and running along the lines of what you’re asking for in the future.

2 Likes

No purtroppo non so usare GitHub e non conosco il linguaggio di programmazione

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.