Clipping not sticking when textured model shown

Hello,
I was using the clipping tools to remove the point cloud outside of the box I created… that worked fine when just showing the point cloud… But if I click on “Show Model” it goes back to showing the entire model not just the region within side of the box I created for clipping… I must be doing something wrong… If clipping the point cloud, I would also want the textured model clipped as well so I can work with just the cleaned up version… Are there steps I am missing? I’d rather not have to go into meshlab…
Thanks
harold

1 Like

Can you provide screenshots and other info? Did you re-process from Load Data?

I can’t reproduce the behavior here, unfortunately. My 3D Models are clipped to the boundary I supplied.

Here are screen shots showing what I mean… Shows the bounding box, points outside removed then when click “Show Model” the entire model comes back… I did not try re-processing from Load Data… Didn’t see that… you mean just start the process over without reloading the images?
Thanks!
Harold

WithTexture
Clipped
insideSelection

1 Like

Unfortunately clipping does not apply to the textured 3D models (only point clouds).

You might have to use MeshLab for the time being.

It worked nicely here:

Why did it work here but not for Harold?

Same for here:

wow, ok… that’s surprising… is that something that will be possible in a new release? Being able to clean the point cloud, then retexturing it again so as to work with a clean model going forward would be awesome. Much better workflow to just continue on with measurements etc…

Thanks
Harold

1 Like

I meant clipping from Potree, not via --bounds.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.