Can't update to build 68

I’m trying to update my desktop to 1.9.15 build 68, and all seems to go ok till i tell it to launch after applying the update and I get this message

Here are what the logs say

pgsql

LOG: could not bind IPv6 socket: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

HINT: Is another postmaster already running on port 29543? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
LOG: could not bind IPv4 socket: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

HINT: Is another postmaster already running on port 29543? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
WARNING: could not create listen socket for “localhost”
FATAL: could not create any TCP/IP sockets
LOG: database system is shut down
LOG: could not bind IPv6 socket: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

LOG: could not bind IPv4 socket: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

app

“Booting WebODM 1.9.15 build 68…”
“Trying to connect to NodeODM localhost:29301…”
“Attempt 0 failed, retrying…”
“nodeodm: info: Authentication using SimpleToken\r\n”
“nodeodm: info: Listening on 0.0.0.0:6367 UDP for progress updates\r\n”
“nodeodm: info: No tasks dump found\r\n”
“nodeodm: info: Checking for orphaned directories to be removed…\r\n”
“nodeodm: info: Server has started on port 29301\r\n”
“Trying to connect to NodeODM localhost:29301…”
“Connected to NodeODM 2.2.0”
“redis-server: . \n .-__ ''-._ \n _.- . . ‘’-._ Redis 3.2.100 (00000000/0) 64 bit\n .- .-```. ```\\/ _.,_ ''-._ \n ( ' , .-` | `, ) Running in standalone mode\n |`-._`-...-` __...-.-.|’_.-'| Port: 29379\n | -. ._ / _.-' | PID: 1808\n -._ -._ -./ .-’ .-’ \n |-._-. -.__.-' _.-'_.-'| \n | -.-._ _.-'_.-' | http://redis.io \n -._ -._-..-’.-’ .-’ \n |-._-. -.__.-' _.-'_.-'| \n | -.-._ _.-'_.-' | \n -._ -._-..-’_.-’ _.-’ \n -._ -..-’ _.-’ \n -._ _.-' \n -..-’ \n\n[1808] 23 Aug 13:50:34.603 # Server started, Redis version 3.2.100\n”
“redis-server: [1808] 23 Aug 13:50:34.603 * The server is now ready to accept connections on port 29379\n”
“Trying to connect to postgres localhost:29543…”
“H:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\pgsql/bin/psql: psql: FATAL: password authentication failed for user “postgres”\r\n”
“H:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\pgsql/bin/psql: exited with code 2”
“H:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\pgsql/bin/psql: psql: FATAL: password authentication failed for user “postgres”\r\n”
“Attempt 0 failed, retrying…”
“H:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\pgsql/bin/pg_ctl: server starting\r\n”
“H:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\pgsql/bin/pg_ctl: exited with code 0”
“Attempt 1 failed, retrying…”
“Attempt 2 failed, retrying…”
“Attempt 3 failed, retrying…”
“Attempt 4 failed, retrying…”
“Attempt 5 failed, retrying…”
“Attempt 6 failed, retrying…”
“Attempt 7 failed, retrying…”
“Attempt 8 failed, retrying…”
“Attempt 9 failed, retrying…”
{}

I don’t know if it has any connection that i cancelled and deleted a task earlier on, any help appreciated

I got it sorted

1 Like

Glad you figured it out! Out of curiosity, how did you fix it?

Ok, well this particular PC that i was having trouble on has multiple drives.

I ran the update several times getting the same message each time, so i thought I’d try a reboot after the install had finished before I tried starting WebODM, after the reboot I clicked on the icon and the splash screen was still showing build 66 rather than 68, so once it had opened, I closed it and had a think.

Next I clicked on the windows start button, and lo and behold it was showing in the start menu recently installed area, so i clicked on that and build 68 started up, once open, it showed no projects, so i clicked tools and “Open Data directory”, once this opened I noticed that WebODM had installed to my H drive, so I then closed build 68, and clicked on the icon on my task bar which opened build 66, I then checked the location of the data directory for build 66, and it was on my E drive, so I proceeded to download the update and run it yet again, this time making sure i selected the E drive to install it on.
The installer found several apps running and asked if i’d like to automatically close them before proceeding to which i said yes (had to say try again to one of them), the installer then ran and finished and i did a reboot before starting WebODM which then fired up ok with all projects showing up and running build 68.

So it seems for some reason that the installer decided to change drives at some point, whether this had anything to do with the original problem I’ve no idea.

1 Like

I get it all the time, the installer chooses the drive with largest free space.

2 Likes

Just surprised it decided to install elsewhere seeing that it was an update launched from within the existing installation

As Andreas mentioned, it always wants to install on the drive with the most free space. In my case it wants to use my 5TB image storage drive, rather than the 2TB SSD which only has WebODM on it.

The exceeded max retries error happens sometimes, but a reboot always solves that.

1 Like

I got same problems after updated to 1.9.15 build 68.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.