Can webodm process large data sets?

Hello all!! I’m having problems with webodm mapping 2300 images it will result in error code 1 or child returned 137 error… i have 24g ram and i5 processor with 300g storage allocated for docker container and even tried the fast orthophoto setting and others to reduce quality output to reduce work load…

But i already processed with no problems in this same computer the orthomosaic with pix4d free trial version is there some setting I’m missing in webodm to have it process large datasets as pix4d? Apparently if my computer was able to do so with pix4d is not computer related problem… or is it??
My internet service is too slow, therefore my need to process in site.
Thanks in advance for your support!

1 Like

Pix4D is probably being more efficient at using memory; you’d need ~32GB to process those many images (maybe more). You could also try to split the dataset into parts by using local split-merge to reduce memory usage, or resize your images prior to processing. https://docs.opendronemap.org/large.html

Also note if you’re on Windows, you need to allocate sufficient memory to your docker VM.

2 Likes

I actually tried high resolution on only five photos20200524_133016 no resize and gives me error. On default settings I’ve successfully processed up to 500 images

1 Like

Did you successfully process 500 images (with default settings) from this photo set? Or from another? It may be having trouble with these particular photos. Also, make sure the five photos you selected are overlapping, and not just from random locations.

1 Like

The five photos are from the same mission

@pierotofy Is this the option for large data sets?? Instructions only mention --split
But there are different options that mention split or merge… thanks for support! :slight_smile:20200525_224902

This are the mission’s detailsScreenshot_20200525-231342_DroneDeploy

Also, 5 photos is a theoretical minimum. Depending on overlap, 16-32 images is the practical minimum. I generally recommend 32 all clustered geographically as the minimum for testing, unless the overlap and sidelap >75%.

2 Likes

–split should go along with --split-overlap to define how many images per submodel and what is the overlap between the submodels.

https://docs.opendronemap.org/large.html

2 Likes