Best way to work with Skydio 3D Scan Capture and ODM?

Hi! I have been using Skydio 3D Scan. It’s great in that it relieves the drone pilot of navigating tough areas. However, it starts off with horizon pictures, which in my mind ruins the dataset. Is there anyway to fix this before processing the dataset? (ie. is there some way to flag for depth, or filter out stuff, or rearrange the dataset?) Or is it best to get the photos right from the start?

You can see the dataset I’m working with here. I haven’t uploaded the full-size photos because internet is spotty atm.

I unfortunately, won’t be able to take these photos again for possibly a year, that’s why I’m trying to work with what I have. Thanks!

PS. if you’re a Skydio representative and it’s clear that I haven’t done the Skydio training, I apologize, I can’t learn the proper way I have to try things out first.

2 Likes

If the issue is with sky pixels, try using this flag: sky-removal

3 Likes

Ooh I’ll try that, thanks! I’m processing this command right now.

docker run -ti --rm -v ~/Documents/odm/datasets:/datasets opendronemap/odm --project-path /datasets project --skip-orthophoto --mesh-size 600000 --mesh-octree-depth 11

I’ll see how that goes.

3 Likes

Happy with the results! Grandma’s House 3D Scan

I expected issues from the horizon photos at the beginning of the set because that has messed up some scans before but this set did fabulously!

2 Likes

Woah! That turned out nicely:

2 Likes

Thanks! I sampled it down in Blender too, so the original obj was even better!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.