Best results yet

Hey all,

So happy to be able to work with this software. I got really good results in my last project and wanted to share a single shot from the model. I do see some strangeness on the ground in front of the building but it’s probably due to not much in the way of match points in the grassy field.

I think this project benefited from several different captures. One in the standard grid pattern, additional photos in at fairly low altitude in a circle around the main building, as well as some ground level photos that I cropped to eliminate any horizon

6 Likes

Dang! Clean!

3 Likes

That might be the best building and tree models I’ve seen. It looks fantastic.

Can you screen cap with your camera positions? It would be informative (as is your narrative).

3 Likes

572 Photos with camera positions.

5 Likes

What I hid in the “Best Results Yet” screenshot… lol

Not much you can do with columned roof overhangs. You should see how bad Pix4D butchered it.

4 Likes

Ditto. At first I thought I was looking at an angled photo. Nice!!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! I’ve flown this place many times with varying levels of success. Great set of images on this go around. I was hoping the ground level images would allow for a reasonable reconstruction of the building face but the overhang just messes things up. I’ll try again soon and hope to get a nice set of very low altitude shots across the building face with plenty of overlap. Might help with the view like the one above.

3 Likes

I have a couple of ODM presentations coming up this year. Would you mind if I use this photo as an example of output quality (with credit to you) ?

5 Likes

No problem at all.

3 Likes

Here’s a few more images from the project

Emery2.PNG

Emery3.PNG

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.