Another split-merge failure - Child returned 3221225477 ... after 210 hours

I’m still at 100% fails for split-merge tasks, I guess I should stop banging my head against the brick wall and try something else!

22597 images 210:05:39

Processing failed (4294967295)

|Created on:|01/09/2022, 10:31:31|
|Options:|auto-boundary: true, fast-orthophoto: true, feature-quality: medium, gps-accuracy: 6, optimize-disk-space: true, pc-quality: low, skip-3dmodel: true, split: 2000, split-overlap: 120|

It failed on the 9th submodel (0008) of 12, and the .tif image for this submodel has large holes, lots of smeared out distorted areas, incorrectly scaled areas -including parts that are well off-nadir.
The previous 8 orthos looked generally ok. I have made orthos of large sections of the area before, covering all of it with tasks of up to about 9000 images, which have turned out quite well.
I didn’t run out of space on the SSD, there’s still over 600GB free on the 2TB drive, and RAM use only peaked at 65% of 96GB (389GB including virtual)

End of the console log (which is over 101MB in size)

2022-09-10 05:05:32,506 DEBUG: New GDAL environment <fiona._env.GDALEnv object at 0x00000161230C1280> created
2022-09-10 05:05:32,506 DEBUG: GDAL_DATA found in environment.
2022-09-10 05:05:32,506 DEBUG: PROJ_LIB found in environment.
2022-09-10 05:05:32,506 DEBUG: Started GDALEnv: self=<fiona._env.GDALEnv object at 0x00000161230C1280>.
2022-09-10 05:05:32,506 DEBUG: Updated existing <fiona._env.GDALEnv object at 0x00000161230C1280> with options {}
2022-09-10 05:05:32,506 DEBUG: Entered env context: <fiona.env.Env object at 0x00000161230C1130>
2022-09-10 05:05:32,506 DEBUG: OLC_FASTSETNEXTBYINDEX: 0
2022-09-10 05:05:32,506 DEBUG: OLC_FASTFEATURECOUNT: 1
2022-09-10 05:05:32,506 DEBUG: Next index: 0
2022-09-10 05:05:32,506 DEBUG: Next index: 1

===== Dumping Info for Geeks (developers need this to fix bugs) =====
Child returned 3221225477
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\stages\”, line 88, in execute
File “D:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\opendm\”, line 371, in run
File “D:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\opendm\”, line 352, in run
self.process(self.args, outputs)
File “D:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\stages\”, line 163, in process" ".join(map(double_quote, map(str, argv))), env_vars=os.environ.copy())
File “D:\WebODM\resources\app\apps\ODM\opendm\”, line 106, in run
raise SubprocessException(“Child returned {}”.format(retcode), retcode)
opendm.system.SubprocessException: Child returned 3221225477

===== Done, human-readable information to follow… =====

[ERROR] Uh oh! Processing stopped…

1 Like

Oh man, I feel your pain @Gordon!

1 Like

It was painful indeed!
I had to go out and acquire some images that I knew would process successfully, to produce the 3D model (now in the Showroom) of the eroded area to ease the pain!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.