Adding SSL Certificate

Hi All,

I’ve been trying to add an SSL certificate using the command line, I’ve seen some commands in the community but they don’t seem to work. Can anyone guide me in the right direction? I wanna add the built in SSL so I don’t have to get one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like

Here’s the command I use (you have to have a registered DNS entry first:
./webodm.sh down && ./webodm.sh update && ./webodm.sh restart --ssl --hostname hostname.something.com

This ensures that the whole service rebuilds and changes port.

2 Likes

Thank you Stephen for the quick reply, I will give it a try. I already have a domain name that points to the serves IP address.

Hi Stephen,

After running those commands I was able to add SSL but see the error message below. Now I can’t access the website, please advise. Thank you!

Using the following environment:

Host: localhost
Port: 80
Media directory: appmedia
SSL: YES
SSL key:
SSL certificate:
SSL insecure port redirect: 80
Celery Broker: redis://broker
Default Nodes: 1

Make sure to issue a ./webodm.sh down if you decide to change the environment.
Lets Encrypt cannot run on port: 80, switching to 443.

If you need to use a different port, you’ll need to generate the SSL certificate files separately and use the --ssl-key and --ssl-certificate options.

SSL is enabled, but hostname cannot be set to localhost. Set the --hostname argument to the domain of your WebODM server (for example: www.mywebodm.org).

Can you give me the full command you ran?

1 Like

Hey Stephen, Thank you for asking me to share the command I used. When I was replying to your email I realized that in the command I forgot to add the “hostname” after “–” when adding my url name.
I got it to work and my website shows SSL certificate now. Thank you so much, your help was priceless! :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Perfect! Glad it’s working.

1 Like

here it says to check docker and the command does not work… my version of webodm is from the installation package

1 Like