Adding new images to an existing project

Hello,

I have processed 993 images of an old quarry into an ortho map using WebODM. Took forever but that is my hardware problem not software related! :slight_smile:

I would like to add over 800 more images of a different section of the quarry to this ortho. The 800 more images overlap the 993 images along the edge by 20-30 meters on the ground in order for the software to know how to compute the new images.

What is the best way to do this and is it even possible to add images to a projects once it has finished processing?

Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome!

Sounds like quite the project! I’d love to see a preview, if you can share.

What are you looking to get out of the merge? New consolidated ortho and point cloud/models, or just a unified view for visual inspection in WebODM?

If it’s just visual inspection, you can process the new data independently and view them together provided they are in the same task group in WebODM.

1 Like

Yup! 150 acres of land to map and it is my first project!
So I tried adding photos of each of the flights as you mentionned. It did not work that well. I guess it got confused at the intersecting images and made a melting river kind of joint…
How do i solve that?

thanks!

1 Like

Hmmm, I think you’ll need to do more of a split-merge like workflow. I’ve not done one myself yet.

Check out the documentation here:
docs.webodm.org

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.