Adding autoscaling to Azure

Hello,

Could someone give me a run down of what needs to be done in order to add a new service provider for autoscaling, in this case Azure.

I can see that a .js file need to be added here:
ClusterODM/aws.js at master · OpenDroneMap/ClusterODM (github.com)

Would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Rasmus

1 Like

That’s pretty much it; you need to write an autoscaling provider class that extends AbstractASRProvider (create an azure.js file with the necessary changes for running docker-machine on azure).

1 Like

Alright, do you need to store the result in a bucket or can you use blob storage in azure for that?

1 Like

S3-compatible buckets.

1 Like

Alright, thanks! If there is no S3-compatible buckets specified, does it brake the autoscaling? In my solution I will use pyODM which will send a webhook to function that will download the result. I guess the need to specify it is because it will scale back in so quickly that you will not be able to trigger a download on the node?

And just to clarfiy by S3-compatible buckets you mean that it needs to be communicating with S3 API?

Hence solution would need to use something in the ball park of:
Access Azure Blob Storage from Your Apps using S3 Java API - CSE Developer Blog (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Rasmus

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.