3D Model - Mask

Hello everyone! I have a problem. I need to create a 3D model but I have a lot of information. Could anyone tell me how to use a mask to generate only the part that matters to me?
I am using WebOpenDroneMap, I don´t see an option to do that.

Thanks

1 Like

Right now, as you have discovered, WebODM doesn’t have any convenient masking tools.

So, you have two options: mask after processing, or mask the individual images before processing (set to zero or similar).

1 Like
2 Likes

Oh yeah! I remember that’s in ODM, is it in WebODM?

1 Like

Thank you all of you about the aswers.
Pierotofy, I saw that document but I don´t understand how to use. How I know the dimentions for the black- white picture? And how the picture knows where is the object that I need?

Thanks

1 Like

It should work in WebODM as well, masks are just additional images.

2 Likes

Use a program such as GIMP to create an image the same size as the image you’re trying to mask (black and white), then name it with the _mask suffix (see the docs).

1 Like

Same dimensions, and same name just add the _mask suffix. Just paint on black the area you are trying to remove. For each image to be masked there must be a _mask file.

are you planning to use Gimp?

3 Likes

Are you doing a reconstruction of the Moon Landing?

I see lunar regolith!

1 Like

Haha! I think you are right!

1 Like

If I told people the amount of time I spent staring at images from the various missions/landers/rovers, I’d probably be put away somewhere.

2 Likes

I was playing with the Apollo 11 landing video, but need some GCP…

GIF-201202_135530

4 Likes

This is fantastic. You should do a quick write up on the process, if you have the time. Your example is a bit more historic than mine: Mapping Ok Go's I won't let you down video

Also, it looks remarkably like OpenDroneMap dataset number one:

2 Likes

Sure I will!

2 Likes

Yes, I can use Gimp but, Do you tell me that I have to do a mask for each photo? that´s a lot, I have 400 photos for a POI flight. I need cut the center area and remove the surroundings. If I change camera lens, can It generate only the part of the point of interest?
Is there usefull change camara lens to spherical or fisheye?

2 Likes

If the mask is the same for each photo: it’s 400 copies of the same photo with different names. That can be scripted.

2 Likes

How would you mask AFTER processing ? That would be brilliant !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.