Webodm doenst initialize

This is the first time it happens. I am using firefox browser, and i got the installation manual by supporting the installer for windows bussiness. I am trying to stitch a set of 600 images from an oil palm tree that was captured with the next parameters: 230ft 2.0 cm/pixel 80% overlap. Everytime i tried stitching, it showed an error where i had to increase min-num-features. I did from 8000 to 12000 then to 24000 and 32000 and ine the last one, it didnt let me even upload the pictures and then crashed. Now i can’t even inicialize webodm, it displays a window saying this:

Unhandled exception has ocurred in your application. click continue to ignore or quit to close (shorted). Configuration system failed to initialize If i clik continue, in the main screen show 02 and 03 hyper v virtual ethernet adapter then it stays like that. then i restart it and shows the same window with a big X. I will copy-paste the details displayed in the error window:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize —> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: ‘.’, hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 9, position 1. (C:\Users\ANDRES LOPEZ\AppData\Local\MasseranoLabs_LLC\WebODMManager.exe_Url_vbkwkh5snaj4zd3epqkhzpzasirbawl3\1.5.7.0\user.config line 9) —> System.Xml.XmlException: ‘.’, hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 9, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictReadToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at WebODMManager.Properties.Settings.get_upgradeRequired()
at webodm.FrmMain.FrmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.3132.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

WebODMManager
Assembly Version: 1.5.7.0
Win32 Version: 1.5.7.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WebODM%20Manager/WebODMManager.exe

System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System
Win32 Version: 4.7.3151.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.7.3160.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I want to fix this and then upload the images so you can help me get them stitched.

Regards!!

Hey @andresfelipe_89, could you try to re-download WebODM Manager (use the same link from the purchase e-mail) and re-run the setup.exe? I think the problem is related to a bug we mistakenly introduced in 1.5.8. When we found it, we rolled the program back to 1.5.7 and are working on a fix.

If it doesn’t work still and you get the “unhandled exception” message, let me know. Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you!

I will try it doing it and let you know. I was also trying to Delete Vm but it looks like it doesnt go any further.

Thanks!

Hi pierotofy, i just tried rerunning setup.exe and nothing worked. What can we do about it?

I’m going to investigate this further. In the meanwhile, could you try to close WebODM Manager, navigate to C:\Users\ANDRES LOPEZ\AppData\Local\ and rename the MasseranoLabs_LLC folder to MasseranoLabs_LLC_old, then restart WebODM Manager? Does it allow you to go past the error?

Also, would it be possible to get a copy of this file? C:\Users\ANDRES LOPEZ\AppData\Local\MasseranoLabs_LLC\WebODMManager.exe_Url_vbkwkh5snaj4zd3epqkhzpzasirbawl3\1.5.7.0\user.config

It would help me troubleshoot the problem. :pray:

How can i send you this file?

Simply reply to this topic and drag and drop the file. If it doesn’t work that way, you could upload it to Google Drive / Dropbox and share a link to it?