Visualize the 3d gore model

Hi, I hope this is not an off topic.
I successfully produced the georeferenced 3d obj model, anyway I have 2 main issues with this.

First of all, I opened the obj file with a text editor but I did not find (apparently) geografical information (on the other hand, the georeferenced tiff match perfectly the map in QGIS).

My second and most important question is about the visualization of the georeferenced object; can you kindly suggest an environment (the equivalent on QGIS for the georeferenced tiff) for the visualization of the 3d georeferenced obj?

Hi @Marco_Del_Coco,

Use meshlab: https://meshlab.net.

Cheers!
Best,
Steve

I succesfuly visualized models on Meshlab, my problem concern the idea to put the model in e map world. Is this possible with meshlab?

What is “e map world”?

The meshes are, AFAIK, in a local coordinate system due to the limits of floating point numbers, but they are transformable to UTM, which might be necessary to get into another system.

We have actually have georeferenced models (odm_textured_model_geo.obj). Coordinates there are in UTM, minus the UTM offset.

Yes, this is a more appropriate way to describe it. :slight_smile:

First of all thanks for the reply
I tested the ODM on the dataset ode_data_aukerman from the suggested datasets.
The process seems to work correctly. Both the odm_textured_model.obj and odm_textured_model_geo.obj are generated.
Anyway, by opening both file with a text editor I can see that:

-odm_textured_model.obj shows information concerning:
List of geometric vertices (v)
List of texture coordinates (vt)
Polygonal face element (f) (f //* //* //*)
List of vertex normals(vn)

-odm_textured_model_geo.obj shows information concerning:
List of geometric vertices (v)
List of texture coordinates (vt)
Polygonal face element (f) (f / / /)

So it seems that the file that should show more info is missing info concerning vn and part of f.
Can you kindly clarify this point? I’m a little bit confused.