Mesh and Orthophoto anomalies

From @rionlerm on Mon Jan 16 2017 11:24:44 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

my orthophotos contain strangely-COLOURed patches (there were some overcast conditions though) and TOPOGRAPHY in river datasets I ran through the latest ODM Master branch. I am inclined to say that the previous ODM version did a better job. Maybe there are some para’s I can set to improve results? Also, the trees did not even appear in 3D like before?

Meshlab snapshot below:
3d_snapshot00

Copied from original issue: https://github.com/OpenDroneMap/OpenDroneMap/issues/454

From @dakotabenjamin on Tue Jan 17 2017 14:18:16 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Try adding the parameter --mvs_texturing-skipGlobalSeamLeveling. This is a documented problem with MVS Texturing that has not been addressed. If you don’t mind, could you post that image in the thread linked above as added documentation of the issue?

From @dakotabenjamin on Thu Jan 19 2017 21:10:37 GMT+0000 (UTC)

@rionlerm nmoerhle says in their comment that

The issues of the other datasets look different to me, I belief that alignment (and thus the adjustment of non corresponding colors) is more of an issue there.

This could be attributed to three things IMO:

1. The images you are using are not calibrated. Have you tried that?
  2. Your point cloud is not as accurate as it could be. Try --use-opensfm-pointcloud
  3. The mesh being generated is not as accurate as it could be. This needs work on our end.

From @rionlerm on Fri Jan 20 2017 13:00:09 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Hi @dakotabenjamin ,I have been following some of the wrong colour testing you guys did.

1. Calibrated colour-wise or location-wise?
  2. Tried --use-opensfm-pointcloud but, memory issues on my 4 cpu 12 GIG RAM PC even with 77 photos? I will try it again on this dataset though.

Must mention the --mvs_texturing-skipGlobalSeamLeveling solved some colour issues!

From @dakotabenjamin on Fri Jan 20 2017 20:03:18 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Calibrating the camera to remove image distortion. This can cause alignment issues. I have a simple script here but there are other ways (Agisoft, for example, has an undistort function).

Try running --use-opensfm-pointcloud with only 1 core: --opensfm-processes 1

From @rionlerm on Mon Jan 23 2017 07:10:23 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Thanks for the responses @dakotabenjamin ,

I am going to attempt the script with checkerboard for undistorting my images and post here with --use-opensfm-pointcloud results.

Regards,
Rion