Sure, would love to help.
I just added to the README:
Run it on the cloud (Google Compute, Amazon AWS)
12 steps, to have WebODM running on a cloud instance.
These steps are for Google Cloud, but can also be used for Amazon AWS, and other cloud platforms with small modifications:
- Launch a Google Cloud instance of Ubuntu 18.0 TLS.
- Open the SSH terminal - Google offers SSH via the website.
- Run sudo apt-get update
- Run sudo apt-get upgrade
- Run sudo apt-get install docker-compose
- Run sudo apt-get install python-pip
- Run git clone https://github.com/OpenDroneMap/WebODM --config core.autocrlf=input --depth 1
- cd WebODM (Linux is case sensitive)
- sudo ./webodm.sh start
- You now can access webodm via the public IP address for your google instance. Remember the default port of 8000.
- Open http://GooglepublicIPaddressforyourinstance:8000
The WebODM Website will open, and you can proceed to create a username and password.
Firewalll exclusions will need to be set, to be able to use the default TCP Port 8000 from the installation: Open the instance, on the middle of the instance settings page find NIC0. Open it, and then add the TCP Port 8000 for ingress, and egress on the Firewall.