Checking if the process is running

From @rohitrameshrao on Sun Mar 19 2017 08:19:44 GMT+0000 (UTC)

I have been trying to process 200 images on a 8 cores/32 GB machine. I am unable to process to create all the outputs. It creates the opensfm folder and creates all files/folders and then the CPU goes to 0. Although the task is still running, output folders are not getting created. I have waited for 8 hours before killing the process. I have tried --cmvs-maxImages 100 to decrease memory usage as I saw earlier that RAM was filling up to max.

I tried to process 50 images and that created all the outputs on the same machine. Can some one help me understand what is happening please.

Copied from original issue: https://github.com/OpenDroneMap/OpenDroneMap/issues/515

From @smathermather on Sun Mar 19 2017 14:59:20 GMT+0000 (UTC)

A few questions/suggestions:

Do the images have geolocation in the exif file?

CMVS flags may not help here. I would instead set the -opensfm-processes to 4 as a start.

From @rohitrameshrao on Sun Mar 19 2017 16:43:47 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Images are geo-referenced.
Let me try with -opensfm-processes set to 4.
Will let you know once i get some results. Thanks for the suggestion!

From @rohitrameshrao on Mon Mar 20 2017 13:26:05 GMT+0000 (UTC)

This is on a 60GB RAM/8 Core machine.

File “/home/ubuntu/OpenDroneMap-master/run.py”, line 55, in
plasm.execute(niter=1)
File “/home/ubuntu/OpenDroneMap-master/scripts/opensfm.py”, line 83, in process
(context.pyopencv_path, context.opensfm_path, tree.opensfm))
File “/home/ubuntu/OpenDroneMap-master/opendm/system.py”, line 28, in run
raise Exception(“Child returned {}”.format(retcode))
Exception: Child returned 132

I ran it with -opensfm-processes set to 6 and --cmvs-maxImages 250. Any idea what I can do to make it work.

From @smathermather on Mon Mar 20 2017 13:32:25 GMT+0000 (UTC)

I wouldn’t set the cmvs settings at all. @dakotabenjamin – what happens when PMVS and OpenSfM settings are used together?

From @rohitrameshrao on Mon Mar 20 2017 13:41:20 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Okay. I am still trying to get my head around the whole process and the run time variables. How do commercial software manage resources so efficiently. I think there should be a way to set these critical parameters automatically depending on the configurations, right?