American Red Cross projects

Information about drone imagery sets collected by the American Red Cross is available here.

Image sets are made available for download with the intent that they can be used for purposes such as test datasets for development of tools like OpenDroneMap. We have (or will soon) uploaded processed scenes to OpenAerialMap; please do not upload orthomosiacs derived from our image sets to OpenAerialMap.

For questions or feedback please contact me.

All imagery is CC-BY 4.0 American Red Cross.

This is absolutely awesome. Thanks for sharing these into the ODM ecosystem. They will be invaluable for software improvement and testing.

The data I downloaded from Amazon S3 are always corrupted. How can I solve it? Is it a problem of my Internet connection?

I’ve been able to download a couple datasets using the links with no problem. Is there a certain one that you can’t get or all of them end up corrupted?

You might try using wget to download the file.
There is a --continue parameter you can use if a file download doesn’t complete (although I’m not sure if it works with AWS S3 storage). Documentation on wget download parameters.

Thank you for your response. 20170504-union.zip this one, I have downloaded it for 3 times, all of them are broken. I found that if you try to download a zip file larger that 5GB, it is always broken. I had tried the wget way, the file was corrupted too.

@15_boood
I have downloaded the zip file using AWS Command Line Interface. Absolutely fine and able to extract all the images. Would you please provide more information on how you download and what version of the tools you are using to download the zip file (if any).

You can find the AWS Command Line Interface install instructions at:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/installing.html
and you’ll want to run a command something like:
aws s3 cp s3://arcimagery/drone_amcross/20170517-union.zip

You’ll need to reconfigure the URLs from the spreadsheet but all the pieces are there:
https://arcimagery.s3.amazonaws.com/drone_amcross/20170504-union.zip
becomes
s3://arcimagery/drone_amcross/20170517-union.zip

I’m afraid I need the bucket access key first then I can use the AWS Command Line Interface to download these files.

It’s a public file, and @webDev was able to do it without access credentials. It shouldn’t be required.

Yes correct sir @danbjoseph.

@15_boood you dont need any credentials except your own credentials to setup/configure the AWS Command Line interface. And The above documentation/link of AWS will walk through that process. You just need to install the AWS Command Interface and configure that AWS Command Interface using your own AWS user credentials and those credentials you can download as a CSV file that includes your access key and secret or simply copy and paste.
Follow the link posted by @danbjoseph.
I will give a try with wget and post back.

I had tried the s3 command line tool and it works like a charm. Thank you!!